Wednesday 25 September 2013

Dining Out: J's In Singapore

Good Day Everyone,

This is just a quick post for all of you living in or visiting Singapore and might be looking for a good place to dine out. Last week to celebrate my hubby’s birthday we went out with some friends to a Mexican / Latin American restaurant called J’s on Purvis Street (website). J’s has a decent vegetarian menu (as well as non-veg) and serves both halal and kosher food thus allowing people with a range of dietary requirements to enjoy a meal together :o) Whilst the restaurant doesn't serve alcohol it does serve some great tasting mocktails (non-alcoholic cocktails).



We've been to J’s a couple of times now and on both occasions the service, ambience and food has been excellent. I’d highly recommend it! The poppers are a must have - jalapeno peppers stuffed with mozzarella and coated in breadcrumbs. They are a-mazing but they are pretty spicy, so you've been warned! The lamb tostadas were delicious and our friends enjoyed the chipotle meatballs. I’d suggest sharing the appetizers as the portions are very generous (in my opinion).

We all thoroughly enjoyed our main courses, although most of us struggled to finish them! I had the braised lamb shank which was melt in the mouth tender. My hubby had the vegetarian fajitas and our friends had the chicken quesadillas and the beef burrito.



For dessert my hubby and I shared the black peppered pineapple with lemongrass ice cream. The ice cream was very interesting because it tasted just like what lemongrass smells like... if that makes any sense?! Our friends shared this amazing chocolate dessert that was served on a slate with lime froth. The presentation of all of the food was beautiful.

Have you been to J’s? What did you think? Is there any where else that you would recommend in Singapore for dining out?


Love Sheen xxx
(P.S. apologies for the quality of the photos as I only had my iphone camera)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)