Tuesday 1 October 2013

Boots Beauty Buys

Good Day Everyone,

I went ‘Boots’ shopping – yipeee! One of the highlights of a trip back home (aside from seeing family and friends, of course) is the chance to go shopping, Boots shopping specifically. There isn't a Boots in Singapore, in fact the nearest we get is a couple of drugstores (Watson and Guardian) but they don’t tend to have as wide a selection as Boots plus everything is significantly more expensive (have I ever mentioned that ? ;o)
So, I suppress the shopaholic within me (as much as I can, anyway) and only let her come out to play twice a year when we go back home. On this recent trip, I didn't do any clothes shopping as the retailers were starting to stock autumn and winter wear plus I’d had a little shopping spree in The Great Singapore Sale (click here to see what I bought).However, I did shop for toiletries and make up. I had some Boots advantage (store card) points accumulated which I took great pleasure in using because, to me, it’s like getting ‘freebies’. Boots also had several 3 for 2 offers on which I happily took advantage of :o)

I bought several hair care products as lately I've felt that my hair is quite dry, damaged and generally unhealthy. Having suffered from scalp psoriasis for at least a decade I’m constantly losing a lot of hair as almost every day I have to apply a medicinal ointment which then has to be washed out with medicated shampoo. I feel the daily washing has stripped my hair of moisture and shine and so I bought several of the Charles Worthington products as they were on a 3 for 2 offer. I also bought some heat protect styling spray for both straight and wavy hair because now that I've cut my hair short (I went from waist length hair to now barely reaching my shoulders!) it’s a lot more curlier but I also still like to wear it straight on some days.
I picked up some Ted Baker and Sanctuary gift sets for a few of my girlfriends and as these were both on a 3 for 2 offer, I kept the free ones for myself :o) These gift set miniatures are a great way of trying numerous different products before purchasing the full sized ones and I love the fact that they come in a reusable zip bag which I can use to store my makeup and accessories in :o)
Finally, I bought a few pieces of makeup as well as my first Essie nail polish. I don’t tend to wear nail polishes due to my psoriatic nails but occasionally when there’s a wedding or special event I do make an exception, mainly to disguise the discolouration on my nails and to make them look a bit more presentable. I bought a clear mascara which I use to keep my brows in place, a Rimmel eye shadow quad, a Maybelline 24hr Color Tattoo eye shadow and a Dream Touch blush, as well as a Maybelline lip liner (can you guess that it was a 3 for 2 on Maybelline products lol?)
I’ll keep you posted on how I get on with these products and if any of them turn out to be real gems then I’ll be sure to let you know. Have you tried any of these products? What was your experience?


Love Sheen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)