Sunday 23 March 2014

Travel Makeup

Good Day Everyone,

With our Japan trip just days away I thought I'd share the makeup I plan to take with me. We will be going for 11 days and the climate in Japan is going to be much cooler than we are used to in Singapore. This means I can wear makeup to my heart's content without the fear of it melting of my face :o). When traveling, I often take makeup that I want to either use up or to try out, and definitely makeup which has travel friendly packaging and is light weight. I don't tend to take very many makeup brushes with me at all as I'm quite happy using my fingers. I will leave hyperlinks to any of the products that I've done blog posts on in the past for you :o) So without further a do let's get stuck in, shall we?
Starting with my base, I never take any of my foundations that are in glass bottles like my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation because I'm always scared of the bottle smashing in my luggage. I will always decant the foundation into a sample jar. On this trip though I'll be taking my Stila Perfect & Correct foundation because the packaging is very lightweight, arthritic fingers friendly so easy to open and the mousse consistency means I can apply it with my fingers. I'm also taking the Stila One Step Correct and the One Step Illuminate as I'm wanting to use these up given that there's less than half left in each bottle. Most of my face makeup tends to be liquid / cream / mousse textures as I have dry skin and like the dewiness of such products. I love the Stila One Step Illuminate in particular as it just gives my skin a beautiful sheen without any obvious shimmer or sparkle. I have a rather bulky powder compact from The Body Shop which has a mirror and I use this primarily to set my concealer and sometimes over my T-zone when I've initially applied my makeup. I never take this out in my handbag because of its size, and also, I rarely need to powder my skin throughout the day because I don't get oily easily, especially in cooler climates.
For cheeks, I've covered all bases with a soft pink in the form of Stila's Color Convertible in the shade Gerbera. This is one of my all time favourite cheek colours as it's just a very natural pink that suits my skin tone perfectly. I love the Color Convertibles as they are lightweight, compact, snap shut and very easy to travel with. I'll also be taking the colour Gladiola from the same range and this is not as orangey as it looks. Finally for cheeks, I have a more rosy deep pink with an ever so subtle brown undertone to it that is by the Boots brand No7 and is a Blush Tint in the shade 10 Clove. This isn't as dark or intense as it looks in the photo. I apply all of these with my Real Techniques Stippling brush which is the best way for a seamless and diffused application of cream products, in my experience.

For eyes, I'll be taking my Urban Decay Naked palette simply because I've not used this in quite a while and out of my three UD Naked palettes I feel this original one is the one with the most colours that sort of go together to create a complete eye look. I'll be taking the double ended brush that came with the Naked 2 palette along with an Ecotools angle brush that I tend to use when I want to create a more defined outer 'v' or if I want to use eye shadow as a liner. I tend to save a lot of my sample size products for traveling and so I have the UD Primer Potion that came with this palette. For the rest of my eyes, I'll have my MAC Prep+Prime eye base, my Dior waterproof crayon eyeliner in Trinidad Black, my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers, a Boots No7 black mascara and my MAC Select Moisturecover concealer which I feel is a shade to dark for now but I want to finish it up before buying another one. Some days I will sheer this out on to my cheeks and wear the Stila One Step Illuminate and skip foundation altogether.
For lips, I'll be taking my favourite Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters in Candy Apple Red, as well as Macaroon (a raspberry pink), a Sephora lip crayon come chubby stick in a sheer coral colour that's quite glossy (it's not as orange as it looks), a Sephora Nano lip liner in the colour 02 Cute Caramel which is a very good nude on me, and the Urban Decay Lip Junkie gloss that came with the Naked 2 palette. I'll also have my Dior Addict Lip Glow which will go in my handbag because I imagine the  the plane air and colder weather will be quite drying on my lips.
Finally, in this particular toiletries case I will also be taking the Garnier Roll-on as I'm expecting to suffer from puffy under eyes given that we will most probably be having early starts and late nights, trying to fit in all of the sights, plus I love the cooling effect this has on my eyes. Last but not least, is the smallest sized perfume I have which was a birthday present from a dear friend who's coming to visit us in May all the way from France- yipeee! This is by a company called Fragonard and the scent is Belle Cherie which is a floral fruity fragrance that isn't too heavy and therefore daytime appropriate. I will also have my Sephora atomizer in my handbag which has my signature evening scent, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel.

I pack my makeup in a toiletries case that I picked up in Chinatown last year. I pop my stippling brush and angle brush in the outside zip pocket and everything else goes into the main compartment. As you can see, the case isn't too stuffed and so it zips up nice and easily with a bit of room to spare ;o)
 Love Sheen xxx
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)