Sunday 6 April 2014

Topshop Glow Highlighter

Good Day Everyone,

When it comes to makeup, after eyes, my skin is the thing that I most pay attention to and so I love trying out skin illuminators and highlighters. I'm definitely a dewy skin kind of girl rather than preferring the more matte look, especially as my skin is more on the dry side.

I picked up this Topshop Glow highlighter in the shade Polish a while back and have really been enjoying using this. The product comes in a frosted glass jar with a very minimalistic and clean look to its packaging (my favourite look) and is a gorgeous little pot of creamy, sheeny, loveliness. The only downside to the packaging is that it is quite weighty and being glass, I don't tend to travel with this.

It may look like you don't get much product in this little pot but let me tell you a little goes a long way with this highlighter as this stuff packs a serious punch. I tend to use this primarily on the tops of my cheekbones, cupids bow and the inner corners of my eyes. I personally, find it too much as a brow bone highlighter and prefer something a bit more on the matte side. Sometimes I will mix the most tiniest bit in with my moisturiser or foundation for a very subtle glow all over my face.
The texture is very smooth and creamy and the highlighting effect can be quite in your face, if you wish, or it can be sheered out to be more subtle. As you can see from the photo below, this highlighter leaves a beautiful pearly sheen to the skin without any obvious sparkle or glitter, and it catches the light beautifully.
Glow also comes in another shade called Gleam which is more of a golden colour. Both of these retail for £9 in the UK but I picked mine up at Topshop in Singapore for $19 SGD.


What do you think of this highlighter? Have you tried it? What other highlighters would you recommend?

Love Sheen xxx
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and you don't have to be a blogger to do so. I love reading each and every one :o)